Friday, October 24, 2008

Grandchildren

Grandchildren are a such great joy. I saw this comment that said ." Grandchildren are the reason that you didn't strangle your children when they were young."
I really don't know about that because I love my children, true they can be a pain but they were fun.

I do love my grandchildren. They are all boys and they range in age from 4,3,3, 6 months and one about to arrive any time. My son and I are hoping that he will arrive on Halloween. Just think you always get candy for your birthday and get to dress up too.. My daughter-in -law said no way she is crossing her legs and determined that that baby will arrive on November the 1st.

I think grandchildren keep you young and exhusted trying to keep up with their inquisitive mind.
It is so fun to see them connect things like... How does a tiny seed grow into a pine tree? Or how can a pumpkin become a jack -0- lantern? why do there have to be bees?

We have one grandson Jonathan that has austium. He would make a great engineer , He loves to see how things work and can quickly process that information. He is on the go and loves music.. He loves going to his autisum school and is learning many things.

Daniel loves his brothers and is always kissing them on the cheeks and forehead. He will be a great Dad when he is older. He loves going to pre school and works hard on his homework. He loves Halloween and Christmas like his grandmother.

Andrew is the socor player he loves running and keeping up with his big brother. He cried when he couldn't go to pre school too , but then it was ok to stay home and make cookies with Aunt Hollie.
Andrew says that Daniel is his best friend.. Doesn't that just swell the heart? I hope it last.

Nathan is the 6 month old . He thinks everything is funny and when he watches his big brothers he squrms almost like he would love to get down and join in the fun. He was 9 lbs when he was born like he wants to growup as fast as he can.

Alistair Scott is the one we are waiting for. Will he have blonde hair like his brother? and be tall ?
All this just adds to grandmother and grandfathers joy...
We love interacting with them and reading, playing games and taking naps.... they just are the warming part of the heart...

Grandkids are great!!!

1 comment:

Andria said...

On Monday, when I had Andrew all day, and Tuesday, when Daniel went to school, Andrew kept saying, "I miss Daniel." I don't think I've ever seen little boys who love their brothers as much as my three little guys. I'm pretty sure my brothers never got along so well.