Monday, January 12, 2009

beating the smog bog -looking forward to spring

I don't know about you , but I hate Smog!!!!!
It makes your lungs burn, your joints hurt and it is just plain yucky...

It is this time I tend to buy gardening books and look at new plants.
I love spring, I love the newness of green shoots popping up through the ground.
Hearing the birds chirp again and the smell of rain as it clears the air.
It seems to bring a brightness of hope, hope of what? being renewed and alive.

I love flowers, tulips, daffodils, crocus, lilacs,the smell of roses, daisy's ( they are so friendly looking ) black eyed susans, and the smell of herbs, rosemary,thyme, Peppermints ahhhhhhhhh so wonderful.

Wouldn't it be cool if somehow we could change the smell of the air everytime we stepped out of the house? For awhile it would be heavnly until the smells got mixed up... I guess we just have to go back to spraying our pillows or go to Bath and Body ....... Yeah Bath and Body lets go...

2 comments:

Andria said...

I'm with you. I wish it were April already.

Hollie Robb said...

Yeah I so have spring fervor!!